About SV Academy
We work every day to significantly and directly impact people’s lives. We care deeply about diversity and are actively changing the tech landscape to one of inclusion and access.
Named this year’s #2 Most Innovative Education Program by Fast Company, SV Academy is opening doors to careers in tech for the under-represented that don’t have a pathway in today. Through its rigorous online employment programs that focus on non-coding upskilling, SV Academy offers jobseekers from diverse communities access to careers in fields such as sales and customer success at more than 400+ partner SaaS companies across the US. The community provides deep skill-building, mentorship, job placement assistance, and post-hire support, such as alumni networking events and coaching. With 60% of its graduates promoted in the first year and employer partners clamoring for more graduates, SV Academy is proof that strong ideals don’t need to come at the cost of a strong business model. The company is well poised to be the next darling of the ultra-hot Ed Tech space and is backed by leading venture capitalists including Owl Ventures, Uprising, Bloomberg Beta, Kapor Capital, ReThink Education, as well as Ashton Kutcher and Guy Oseary’s Sound Ventures.
SV Academy is seeking a senior Fullstack Engineer to join our growing team to build our Engineering culture as well as own, design, and implement student-facing, mobile-first, web experiences from application through graduation and beyond.
With a high-degree of ownership and responsibility, you will share your opinions and ideas on how we can best serve our students as you drive engineering strategy, mentor team members, and build the internal orchestration systems and infrastructure that scales student acquisition and success.
In the first 3 months, you will…
- Onboard successfully to the team, product and gain a strong understanding of products and areas of opportunity and growth within them.
- Instrument increasing parts of the user journey (on the website and internal systems) with segment events.
- Participate in discussions on on-going architectural work, helping us reason about potential edge-cases and nuanced interactions between systems.
- Develop a custom Fivetran data connector that extracts data from our LMS and loads it into BigQuery for the Data team to analyze.
- Investigate, prioritize, and implement performance improvements that decrease LCP & TTI for the website.
In the first year, you will…
- Own and shepherd the key distributed, asynchronous, internal orchestration systems that keep our operations running smoothly and allow teams to create seamless experiences for our students.
- Work to scale our next 10 programs and various program types.
You will thrive in this role if you…
- Have 5+ years of deep industry experience with modern full-stack web development (for example: Python, FastAPI, SQLAlchemy, Prefect.io, PostgreSQL, React, Django, Rails, Express, Elixir Phoenix, etc...).
- Have a solid understanding of engineering best practices and principles of system design.
- Flourish when owning projects and systems in a high-growth, less structured environment.
- Are excited to help team members identify areas of growth and opportunities for mentoring.
- Take a thoughtful approach to decision making and evaluating trade-offs, knowing when to move fast and when to do things thoroughly.
- Have strong communication and collaboration skills in English and can work across stakeholders to deliver outcomes.
- Are excited by our mission and core values (https://conscious.is/15-commitments).
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and equity
- Flexible, remote-first company (Should be available for synchronous communications between 11am-5pm Eastern Time (ET))
- Unlimited paid-time-off
- First Call with our Recruiter (20 minutes)
- Interview with our Head of Engineering, Alizain, focused on exploring work history and accomplishments (60 minutes)
- Live Technical Interview focus on your thinking and coding practices with Alizain (60 minutes)
- Interview with Tim Young, Head of Product, focused on culture and values (30 minutes)