SV Academy is seeking a design-oriented frontend engineer who values well designed landing pages and mobile-first experiences to join our growing team and own, design, and implement student-facing, mobile-first, web experiences that seamlessly guides the user from when they apply to their first day as an SV student to post-graduation as an SV Alum.
With a high-degree of ownership and responsibility, you will share work with marketing and growth product teams to assist in driving student acquisition and success. We want someone eager to contribute to engineering strategy, mentor team members, and to work on the cutting-edge of React.js to build beautiful, reusable, mobile-first components that extend the self-serve capabilities for our experiment-focused Growth department.
In the first 3 months, you will…
- Instrument increasing parts of the user journey (on the website and internal systems) with segment events.
- Hunt down and fix subtle CSS bugs that may be affecting only a subset of devices and screen sizes.
In the first year, you will…
- Own, design, and implement a student-facing, mobile-first, web experience that seamlessly guides the user from when they apply to their first day as an SV student to post-graduation as an SV Alum.
- Build beautiful, reusable, mobile-first React components that extend the capabilities of Builder.io, our drag-and-drop page designer for the Growth team.
- Own the outcome of a flexible and powerful website for the Growth team, accomplished with a drag-and-drop frontend builder and custom React components.
You will thrive in this role if you…
- Have 5+ years of deep industry experience with modern full-stack web development (for example: React, Typescript, Django, Rails, Express, Elixir Phoenix, etc.).
- Have a solid understanding of engineering best practices and principles of system design.
- Flourish when owning projects and systems in a high-growth, less structured environment.
- Are excited to help team members identify areas of growth and opportunities for mentoring.
- Take a thoughtful approach to decision making and evaluating trade-offs, knowing when to move fast and when to do things thoroughly.
- Have strong communication and collaboration skills in English and can work across stakeholders to deliver outcomes.
- Are excited by our mission and core values (https://conscious.is/15-commitments).
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and equity
- Flexible, remote-first company (Should be available for synchronous communications between 11am-5pm Eastern Time (ET))
- Unlimited paid-time-off
- First Call with our Recruiter (20 minutes)
- Interview with our Head of Engineering, Alizain, focused on exploring work history and accomplishments (60 minutes)
- Live Technical Interview focus on your thinking and coding practices with Alizain (60 minutes)
- Interview with Tim Young, Head of Product, focused on culture and values (30 minutes)