About SV Academy
We work every day to significantly and directly impact people’s lives. We care deeply about diversity and are actively changing the tech landscape to one of inclusion and access.
Named this year’s #2 Most Innovative Education Program by Fast Company, SV Academy is opening doors to careers in tech for the under-represented that don’t have a pathway in today. Through its rigorous online employment programs that focus on non-coding upskilling, SV Academy offers jobseekers from diverse communities access to careers in fields such as sales and customer success at more than 400+ partner SaaS companies across the US. The community provides deep skill-building, mentorship, job placement assistance, and post-hire support, such as alumni networking events and coaching. With 60% of its graduates promoted in the first year and employer partners clamoring for more graduates, SV Academy is proof that strong ideals don’t need to come at the cost of a strong business model. The company is well poised to be the next darling of the ultra-hot Ed Tech space and is backed by leading venture capitalists including Owl Ventures, Uprising, Bloomberg Beta, Kapor Capital, ReThink Education, as well as Ashton Kutcher and Guy Oseary’s Sound Ventures.
SV Academy seeks a strategic, growth-focused Content Marketing Manager to join our growing markting team and own brand strategy and to find ways to tell our story through many mediums, woven together. In this role, you will gain speed in content creation through strategy, execution, and team building (both contractors and employees as needed at scale). Partnering across Marketing, Partnerships, Product, Programs, and Admissions you will provide strategy and structure to the creation of excellent and effective content.
In your first 3 months, you will…
- Be successfully onboarding to the team and learn our 15 Conscious Commitments
- Manage a few contractors and community content creators and build great content that strengthens our SEO and drives student conversion.
- Write copy, roll up your sleeves and write copy, ideate and create new concepts for marketing campaigns, customer communications, and pieces of collateral.
- Edit and proofread copywriters or content created throughout the company, including ads, social media, product, email, collateral, press releases, board decks and more.
In your first 6 months, you will…
- Project manage all aspects of content creation from ideation through execution, including creating detailed briefs for content assets, presenting these briefs to stakeholders for review, assigning and setting deadlines, recruiting and coordinating content creators.
- Extend and maintain brand standards and content style guide for marketing team to leverage. Enable processes to maintaining consistency across all our communications/
- Build out a few pieces to get organic marketing strategy rolling.
In your first year, you will…
- Contribute to building our brand positioning by crafting compelling messages and highly shareable content that clarifies our offer, engage current and new audiences, and rank our brand higher in diverse search engines.
- Evolve our editorial direction (including the topics we should cover, and the content formats we should leverage) to make Brand
You’ll thrive in this role, if you...
- Enabled a team to gain speed in content creation.
- Worked well with designers and marketers, and have gained experience from working with their managers.
- Co-created processes in the past to manage content creators, and have managed creative cadences.
- Worked on multiple consumer brands at either an advertisement agency or startup in a marketing or growth team.
- Are a strong, emotional writer who can write long and short formats.
- Can edit and proofread other writers and non-writers.
- Managed complex and high-volume content creation workstreams.
- Optimize a Sales or Admissions funnel with your content.
- Own the strategy, roadmap and execution for Growth initiatives.
- Share our mission.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and generous equity
- Flexible, remote-first company
- Health, dental and vision insurance coverage
- 401(k) plan offerings
- Unlimited paid-time-off
SV Academy is the type of company where you can grow, and we encourage you to apply to us even if you don't 100% match the exact candidate description.